Posada Margherita, a boutique hotel and restaurant in the heart of Tulum, Mexico, has eight charming, Italian villa-style rooms. While the hotel has enjoyed great success during their almost twenty years in business, they have recently found themselves in a changing landscape. With Tulum in growth mode, the owners of Posada Margherita were starting to feel the pinch of the added competition.
The hotel’s website needed to do a better job of showcasing all the property had to offer, be more search engine friendly, and help the property actually book new business. Additionally, a concerted digital outreach effort was needed to drive qualified traffic to the website, and a formal Revenue Management effort needed to be put in place for Posada Margherita.
So the teams here at Trigger and over at Total Customized Revenue Management got to work. On the marketing side, Posada Margherita was outfitted with new visual assets, a new website, as well as digital and social media planning and campaign management. Specific hotel marketing services provided include:
- Determine the hotel’s key differentiators in the marketplace and rebrand the hotel online
- Develop the shot list for photography and help select the photographer. Provide for scouting, oversee the shoot, angles, image quality and final image selection
- Select web developer and provide oversight of website development, including SEO program and ongoing SEO updates, copywriting, navigation, and content development. Check out their new website!
- Ongoing social media strategy and execution for Facebook and Instagram
- We worked with TCRM to define what would be our summer offer, then provided for summer campaign launch, management and execution to drive revenue include media planning and buying, email campaign management, and KPI measurement and tracking
Tulum’s low season is just beginning, so while holding steady with the comp set on rate, our goal is to make the revenue with occupancy. Wondering about the results after the first month of this new campaign? I’m pumped to report that we’re already well ahead of pace for what actualized in June, July and August prior year.
Hello, summer, indeed.